Monday, February 06, 2006

3° e Ultimo Giorno a Milano...

Today is my last day in Milan :( but I'm looking forward to go home to see Martin again :)

Today did nothing much, managed to pack everything (books etc) into the suitcase - phew :) Had a stroll around the city before having a delicious pizza for lunch.

Am at hotel now - planning to leave shortly for Central Station to catch a coach to Bergamo airport. Really enjoyed Milan despite nothing much to see - well there are several sights but not as many as one would find in Florence, Venice and Rome :) Yes, I'd like to come back again with Martin and hopefully have better luck in acquiring the most popular ticket to see The Last Supper! Perhaps we could use Milan as a base to visit other places in Lombardy, Piedmont and Liguria. I don't think Milan is an ideal place to stay for a full week but a weekend stay is enough.

A friend of mine, Alex, has offered to pick me up at Luton - could catch train to St Albans, but I don't think I could face catching a bus to the station and get on a train to St Albans and then either taxi or bus from St Albans station to home... At least I get a lift and an excellent company :)

Can't wait to see my baby tonight! :)

No comments: